Memorial Healthcare System Hollywood, FL 33084
Responsible routine and complex inspection, maintenance, repair, alteration and installation of electrical distribution, systems, equipment, fixtures and appliances.
* Repairs, installs, and/or replaces electrical circuits, equipment and appliances to supply electrical power for lighting, equipment and machine operations.
* Performs routine tests to ensure electrical distribution and systems are maintained. Diagnosing and correcting malfunctions as necessary to avoid hazards and defects.
* Able read schematic diagrams and blueprints to perform high level maintenance and electrical installations.
* Actively mentors peers on the basics of electrical work focusing on safety and compliance requirements.
* Support construction and project initiatives through scope development sketches, field assessment and document review to ensure compliance and specific facility building standards are met.
* Oversees contractors performing service work in terms of quality to the Memorial Healthcare System standards, compliance and workmanship.
* Provides guidance and support of general electrical and safety functions such as LOTO, Arc flash, Infrared analysis, etc.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS AND PROJECTS: Maintains and repairs the organization's structures, systems, and equipment. Performs facility projects.
* FACILITIES AND BUILDING SYSTEMS: Is able to troubleshoot, repair or operate the various systems.
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Electrical Journeyman License
Education equivalent experience:
Complexity of Work: This role requires extensive knowledge of code requirements, power tools and appropriate building materials.
Required Work Experience: Four (4) years of electrical experience.
* Bending and Stooping 60.00%
* Climbing 40.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
* Reaching 80.00%
* Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 60.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
* Sitting 20.00%
* Squatting 40.00%
* Standing 60.00%
* Walking 60.00%
* Audible Speech 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity 60.00%
* Depth Perception 80.00%
* Smelling Acuity 80.00%
* Distinguish Color 80.00%
* Seeing - Far 80.00%
* Seeing - Near 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 20.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 20.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 20.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 20.00%
* Asbestos 20.00%
* Cytotoxic Chemicals 20.00%
* Dust 40.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 40.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 40.00%
* Hazardous Medication 20.00%
* Latex 20.00%
* Computer Monitor 20.00%
* Domestic Animals 20.00%
* Extreme Heat/Cold 60.00%
* Fire Risk 80.00%
* Hazardous Noise 40.00%
* Hypoxia 20.00%
* Heating Devices 40.00%
* Magnetic Fields 20.00%
* Laser/High Intensity Lights 20.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 40.00%
* Potential Electric Shock 80.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 20.00%
* Radiation 20.00%
* Unprotected Heights 40.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 40.00%
Memorial Regional Hospital South is the home of Memorial Rehabilitation Institute and provides a wide range of healthcare services to the South Florida region. With 280 beds and 505 employees, Memorial Regional Hospital South offers compassionate care and services such as:
* Memorial Rehabilitation Institute, featuring an 89-bed inpatient program, a comprehensive outpatient program, and more, to get patients 'Back to Their MAX'
* Emergency Department
* Hospice Unit
* Laboratory Services
* Molecular Laboratory
* Podiatry Residency Program
* Surgical Services
* Women's Imaging Center
* Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician Offices
* Rehabilitation Psychology Department
A leader in rehabilitation, Memorial Regional Hospital South has also been recognized by The Leapfrog Group, which has consistently awarded the facility with an 'A' Rating for Patient Safety, and by Press Ganey's Guardian of Excellence Award for emergency room and outpatient Patient Satisfaction.
**_Disclaimer:_** _This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification._
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. Memorial Healthcare System recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any factor prohibited by law. We are proud to offer Veteran’s Preference to former military, reservists and military spouses (including widows and widowers). You must indicate your status on your application to take advantage of this program.