CBRE Pontiac, MI 48343
Service Technician III
Areas of Interest
Pontiac - Michigan - United States of America
CBRE’s Global Workplace Solution organization is looking for skilled and passionate maintenance technicians to join our growing team as we work to power one of the world’s largest online retailers!
We offer competitive pay, benefits packages, wellness programs, and an inclusive, collaborative working environment. Additionally, you will be a part of a global network of professionals supporting client operations across CBRE’s Global Workplace Solutions organization where you will have opportunities for career advancement and skill development.
Are you interested in growing your career with us? Read on to learn more!
**ABOUT THE ROLE**
In this vital role, you will support the function of the client’s Fulfillment Center (FC) operation, as a member of the Reliability Maintenance & Engineering (RME) team. As a member of the RME team you will repair, maintain, and continuously improve functionality of materials handling equipment and robotic systems throughout the facility. Collaborating with the Operations team and other business partners, you will work behind the scenes to ensure optimal productivity for the site using industrial troubleshooting techniques, Predictive Maintenance (PdM) tools, and your maintenance knowledge to monitor and resolve equipment issues before they arise.
As a Service Technician III you’ll be a key leader in running a shift and providing a guidance to follow technicians and Control support partners. You’ll also have a path forward to career grow into a management position as an Area Maintenance Manager after 2 years of successful service. If you love working in maintenance, coaching and teaching junior staff, and want to grow your career in this field, join us at CBRE as a Service Maintenance III Technician.
This role works 10-hour shifts 4 days a week.
If you do not have experience that meet the qualifications of this specific role, apply anyway! We might have a role open that is a better fit and want to get to know you!
· Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures.
· Maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems in the building.
· Lead and audit preventative maintenance procedures.
· Install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components, photo-eyes, motor starters, limit switches, proximity sensors, solenoids, etc.
· Create and close out work orders in a CMMS with data including labor hours, equipment maintenance and parts used.
· Maintain a positive working relationship across all of the Client's Operations facility
· Develop training plans for service technicians.
· Develop work plans for emergency repair of critical assets.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Proficient working with computers (Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
· Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays.
· Experience with Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Safety standards.
· 5+ years of experience working with automated conveyors and controls.
· 5+ years of experience with electrical and electronic principles, National Electrical Code (NEC), and/or industrial electronics.
· 5+ years of experience conducting preventative & procedure-based maintenance.
· 5+ years of experience reading blueprints and schematics.
· 5+ years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs.
· 3+ years of work order management.
· Ability to use and interpret statistical equipment to run metrics such as OEE/Up Time to prioritize accordingly.
· Associate’s or higher degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field.
· 4+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field.
· Previous leadership experience.
· Previous vendor management experience.
· Experience with robotic maintenance.
· Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
**CBRE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS**
· Highly competitive base pay and retirement program.
· Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs.
· Health and wellness programs.
· An inclusive culture that prioritizes employee growth, skill development, and career advancement.
**ABOUT CBRE GLOBAL WORKPLACE SOLUTIONS**
Grounded in our mission to provide world-class service to clients around the globe, we believe that every place of work can be a competitive advantage for our clients. Productivity, reliability, engagement, safety, and brand – the workplace enables business results.
_CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law._
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
_NOTE:_ _An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing._
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)