Lennox Whittier, CA 90602
Lennox International Inc.(LII) is a global leader in energy-efficient climate-control solutions. Dedicated to sustainability and creating comfortable and healthier environments for our residential and commercial customers while reducing their carbon footprint, we lead the field in innovation with our air conditioning, heating, indoor air quality, and refrigeration systems. Lennox International stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and traded under the symbol LII.
This is an entry level opportunity for that individual looking to jump start their career. NAS employees are our most important assets. They are productive, challenged, well trained, promoted, and well compensated.
This technician performs field activities associated with supporting the installation, maintenance, and servicing of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems for commercial customers.
* Assist with on-site preventative maintenance, routine repair and calibration after installation.
* Uses technical abilities to maintain systems.
* Works in a team-based environment to share information and workload while ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Must work in a safe manner on a daily basis and ensure that all safety measures are taken at all times.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Flexibility to work overtime, on-call and weekends required.
Technicians install, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on commercial, rooftop HVAC units. This work is often done independently. As such, Technicians must be able to safely:
* Get themselves and necessary tools/equipment onto the rooftop – typically via fixed/extension ladder
* Work at heights
* Load and unload tools/equipment from work van
* Lifting occasionally up to 75lbs.
* Lifting to shoulder and overhead occasionally up to 25 lbs.
* Push/pull wheeled cart up to 150 lbs.
* Climb ladder up to roof height
* Extend reach overhead in a repetitive motion.
* High School diploma or GED equivalent
* HVAC Trade school graduate strongly preferred achieving 3.5 GPA and excellent attendance
* 1+ years in mechanical support role, some hands on HVAC experience preferred
* EPA Certification- Type I & Type II or Universal Preferred
* NATE certification a plus
* Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
* Ability to climb ladders
* Moderate lifting (up to 90 pounds)
* Complete pre-employment drug test and background check process
* Technical aptitude to perform maintenance, service, and troubleshoot equipment
* Excellent Customer Service Skills
* Good Electrical and Mechanical Diagnostic Skills
* Ability to complete repairs and required paperwork
* Ability to work independently and self-schedule
* Self-motivated to complete assigned tasks within time constraints
* Driven to succeed and able to work with minimum supervision
* Periodically ‘on call’ for service coverage
* Must be willing to relocate to another part of country once training is completed
* Local travel may be required
WE VALUE DIVERSITY
Here at Lennox, we believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to build workplaces that reflect the communities where we live and work, support the growth and development of each team member as they strive to reach their full potential, and empower them to be their authentic selves. Lennox is an equal opportunity employer.
Job LocationsUS-CA-Whittier | US-CA-Anaheim
Requisition #2022-32820CategoryService OperationsShift / HoursFirst Shift