PVB Fabrications, Inc Tucson, AZ 85705-0000
PVB Fabrications, Inc. (PVB), a direct hire, multi-disciplined industrial construction and metal fabrication company is seeking a steel detailer/drafter to join our local Tucson, Arizona team.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, quality-focused individual that is experienced in structural steel construction and detailing/drafting. The successful candidate will develop an accurate set of working drawings to be used to fabricate and erect industrial and commercial projects.
PVB offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Basic Job Responsibilities
• Prepare complete shop drawings and erection plans for structural, piping, stairs, railings, and miscellaneous metals. The drawings must meet project specifications and assure conformance to standard drafting practices, as well as, client, company, and AISC standards.
• Review and revise PVB drawings based on engineering approved drawings, architect's notes and instruction, and field conditions.
• Ability to work on multiple projects, associated drawings, and RFI's at one time.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years of previous steel detailer/drafter experience.
• Proficient with Solidworks to create 3D shop drawings.
• Proficient working in AutoCAD.
• Expertise working with carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum; tube, channel, and bar.
• Possess a working knowledge of construction and fabrication means and methods.
• Knowledge of commercial building codes & regulations.
• Must have strong mathematical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written, and can effectively communicate technical concepts with various audiences.